Sunday Service Resources
With the challenges of at-home livestream services, we want to provide the following ideas to enhance the worship experience for children and families.
September 27, 2020
This week we continue our Fall series on I Timothy, entitled regarding Spin and Truth in a culture of Fear and Love. May we enter this Sunday worship time with hunger and delight, anticipating an encounter with our Jesus.
This week’s passage of scripture is one of the most challenging in the Bible. We need to consider context and see through the issues that the church was facing. Pastor Mitch will guide us through. Be prepared that your children may have some questions.
Don’t miss the short five-minute video on compassion this week. We continue in our our theme: Jesus- The One Who Sees as we consider the people in a hospital. I wonder what we will see there?
My encouragement for this Sunday will be:
- Hunger….Come to worship hungry to learn more, to dig in deeper, to hear God’s voice.
- Delight in worshiping together. Ask your child…”Hmmm. I wonder…. How will you experience Jesus this morning as we worship together?”
- Bless your child at the end of Sunday’s worship.
- Collaborate on ways to ‘practice’ the value during the week.
I am praying for you and your families. May you look for the hidden treasures that God has placed for each of us in this unusual season. May you always know just how much the Lord Jesus loves you.
A blessing with motions:
May the light of God shine over you (wave hand in arch overhead)
May the Holy Spirit fill you (forward motion of hand palm out)
May the blood of Jesus cover you (sign of the cross)
May you go in peace (forward motion of hand palm up…as an invitation)
And may you always know just how much the Lord Jesus loves you. (sign of cross and end with hand over heart)
Examples of Blessings from Scripture:
From 2 Pet. 3:18 – Child’s Name, may you grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. May you bring him glory both now and to the day of eternity.
From Jude 24-25 – Child’s Name, God is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy. May you worship him, our only God, and Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, giving Him glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever.
From Numbers 6:22-26 – Child’s Name, May the LORD bless you and keep you; May the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; May the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.
From Rom. 15:13 – Child’s name, May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
- In your own way, set-up the place in front of your screen to be a unique and special worship space that is created just for Sundays only. How can you make this space look or feel different than the other days of the week? How can you make Sunday the highlight of the week?
- Consider laying out white Christmas lights somewhere in your space.
- Dim the lights or make the lighting somehow special to create a quiet atmosphere.
- Place Christ Candle in the center of the space or place high on a shelf for it to be seen throughout the room.
- Create soft places to sit, with pillows or blankets.
- Have quiet toys, art supplies and play-doh ready to bring out at the proper time.
- Have worship instruments available, if possible.
- Enter with expectancy. Enter with wonder…I wonder what God has for us today? I wonder how my child will encounter Jesus this morning.
- Enter slowly…quietly and calmly.
- Take three long deep breaths before you light the Christ Candle.
Journals…some of your children may enjoy a journal more than the Splash Pad Pages. Here are some journals that would be special and ONLY used for Sunday worship.
For Writing: Lined Paper.
For unlined paper…better for drawing:
For both writing and drawing:
Best Ever No-Cook Play Dough Recipe
- 2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (baby oil and coconut oil work too)
- 1/2 cup salt.
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar.
- 1 to 1.5 cups boiling water (adding in increments until it feels just right)
- gel food coloring (optional)
- few drops glycerine (my secret ingredient for stretch and shine!)
To order Wikki Stix…here are two choices from Amazon:
Wikki stix…they can stick to things without making a mess.