The PURPOSE of WRESTLE
1) To create opportunities within the church to dialogue about social issues and to reason together about how God would have us respond and
2) To encourage mobilization of believers towards Christ-centered civic engagement.
Our NEXT MEETING
WRESTLE w/Policing, Pt. 1
Wednesday, July 22 @ 7pm via Zoom
We will spend time learning about the history, architecture, and issues with policing. We’ll ask questions, hear stories and wrestle with what to do now with Brian Stoffer, Chief of Public Safety – Moody Bible Institute and others
It’s helpful if you RSVP and feel free to ask questions in advance by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Invite your friends!
Our MOST RECENT Meeting
Session 1: Dr. Jay Liu & Skye Jethani
COVID-19 SESSION RESOURCES
Previous Wrestle Sessions
Session 1: Dr. Noah Toly (Wheaton College)
Lines of evidence video – how scientists have arrived at the state of knowledge about current climate change and its causes
Why climate change is important for us:
Here’s Why the Melting Arctic Should Matter to Us All | DAVOS 2020
“Arctic Report Card”– Watch this video (especially toward the end) to see the effects of climate change on indigenous people:
NASA – NASA’s website on climate is a treasure trove of information on climate change.
Justice and Environment
“Coal Blooded: Putting Profits Before People”
This report, Coal Blooded: Putting Profits Before People, demonstrates both the urgency and
opportunity for community action with respect to coal fired power plants—an issue at the
intersection between climate justice and environmental justice.
Biblical Foundation: Loving the least of these
Read-Climate Change Skeptic View:
• Divided We Fall-Climate Change: Views from an Environmentalist and a Skeptic
Ideas for what to do:
• “101 Ways to Fight Climate Change”
• Faith in Place is the Illinois affiliate of Interfaith Power and Light
Session 1: Attorneys Kendra H.M. Scheuerlein and Kelli Fenne
Session 2: Durmomo Gary (World Relief) & Dr. Daniel Carroll (Wheaton College)
PICTURES worth a thousand words
• Border Camps
• Legal Immigration Explained in One Simple Chart – Reason.com
• Where Have You Gone, Barbara Jordan? Our Nation Turns Its Lonely Eyes To You
Back in the 1990s, a bipartisan team led by the charismatic Barbara Jordan came up with a solution to the
immigration debate that would have fixed a lot the things we’re arguing about today.
• Our Town (Part 1) (Part 2)
We spent eight months and did over a hundred interviews to try to bypass the usual rhetoric and get to the
bottom of what really happened when undocumented workers showed up in one Alabama town.