Week of June 28: Together We… (an overview or introduction to the values)
Family question: What do you hope this summer brings? (talk about this during the meal…before you watch the mid-week video)
Family Mid-Week Video: Kathy will lead you through some questions on the video. Press pause as directed…for however long you need.
Some Concluding questions…following the video:
- How are your family values and the church values similar or different?
- What’s your favorite church value? Why?
- What are some ways we as a family could practice some of these church values this summer?
Activities or Experiences for the Week:
- Create a family ‘flat Stanley’. Kathy is bringing along Peter, Pearl, Penelope and Ricky. Who or what do you want to bring along to be in photos with you this summer? Ideas: photo or drawing of your pet, photo or drawing of friends you can’t hang out with due to the pandemic, things you draw to remind you of this summer: Corona Virus, masks, your home.
- Take a photo of your family baking cookies. Eat those cookies as you watch the first mid-week video!
- Join the Zoom call on Wednesday morning for early childhood kids
- Start memorizing the theme verse: Hebrews 12:1-2 (for early childhood age kids, feel free to make it shorter)
- From the Hebrews verse…run a race experiment! What does it feel like to run around the block with lots of clothes on and carrying lots of weight objects? What does it feel like to run a race with running attire and nothing to carry? Talk about this. How does this relate to Hebrews? (Feel free to walk this race, too.)
Hebrews 12: 1-2
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”